After spending a day on trains (3 actually) we arrived in Pisa and the temperature has dropped again. I'm getting more hopeful of actually getting to touch snow.
You would think that a small town like Pisa would mean we would have no trouble finding our accommodation. Think again. It's like some kind of tradition that we arrive in a city and immediately get lost. I guess it wouldng be an adventure if we didn't. To make things worse google maps pretty much sent us around the block to get next door cos when we arrived at our accommodation we would see the train station down the street. On the bright side we new we wouldnt have any trouble finding the station again.
So after we checked in the guy needed to show us our room. I guess judging by the size of me he probably assumed I would struggle carrying my back up the steps so he just picked it up for me. Poor guy he had no idea how heavy it actually was. I didn't know what to say as I watched him struggle with it up the stairs. When he finally put it down in our room and made a comment about the weight of it I really wanted to let him know that I'd carried that all the way from Australia but I didn't really think it was appropriately so I just said thanks. I think he might think twice about carrying someone's back for them next time :)
For a bed and breakfast we were really pleased with this place. It has so much charm and character (you'll have to wait to see the pics). I'm pretty sure we both fell in love with it immediately. It's so different from everything we've stayed in previously. My only complaint is that I don't think Italian sleep. The street below was busy pretty much the whole night.
We were out and about by 8 in the morning. We headed straight to the leaning tower as that's the only thing we actually new of in Pisa. I'm quite pleased to say that with the help of a sign pointing in the right direction we found our way to the tower without a map and without getting lost. It was amazing :)
After the tower we spent the day shopping. I was really impressed when I found a jacket for 15euro to replace my jacket that's falling apart. When I went to pay for it the sales assist asked me if I realized there were no buttons on it. I hadn't actually realized but she said I would get 5 euro off the price and I decided that I could just get some buttons for it when I got back home. A 60% wool coat for 10 euro really wasn't bad. Bt wait the story get better. When I put the coat on and out my hand in the pocket the buttons are all still there. So essentially the shop is paying me 5 euro to put my own buttons on!! That was definitely a highlight of my day.
No comments:
Post a Comment