Moving cities nearly everyday and having limited access to Internet is my excuse for falling behind my updates to you :) in keeping up with our fast paced travels, remember to buckle yourself in and enjoy the ride (hypothetically)
Next stop after Berlin was Amsterdam. And according to our Albanian friend we met in Munich, it is a very good place for young people to visit. This is the first city Naomi entrusted the map solely to me. Which means i was left in charge of planning our time in Amsterdam. The best map we could come up with was a city sightseeing bus map which actually was missing quite a few street names which really makes finding your way around places a challenge. But hey we're always up for an adventure. I wouldn't rate my planning skills very successful. By the time we went to bed that night the map was covered in some pretty amusing pictures but really i didn't have a clue where we were going in the morning. Hey they say life is what happens when you're busy making plans and I'd rather not miss that.
Anyways after one false start we were on our way with Marnie the tour guide. I successfully guided us around all the landmarks on our bus map. With so much happening between then and now I cant actually remember everything we saw. I remember visiting Anne Frank's house and seeing tulips. My overall impression of Amsterdam is that it's dirty. People who think Paris is dirty need to see this place. During our wanderings we came across street cleaners. The method of cleaning reminded me of my childhood when mum used to tell me to clean my room so I would move the junk from one side of my room to the other. Literally that's all they did!!
My favourite part of the city was finding one of our favorite shops. Desigual is a designer shop that we can't even shop online in Australia. It has some really fun and funky clothes. This particular one was having some really good sales and both Naomi and I found dresses for the high tea we plan to attend in London.
From here it was onto Cologne. You can't go to cologne without seeing the cathedral which is really hard to miss as it's massive. Apart from that we spent our time shopping. There are so many goods shops over here.
Next was a stopover in Brussels to get Belgian chocolate. Again Brussels was a really dank city and definitely down the bottom of my cities to visit again. After buying what feels like 5kg of chocolate it was time to head back to english speaking lands. But for me there one more little treat. I found the most amazing pecan Danish is the supermarket. It definitely made a bright spot in a very dull day.
No comments:
Post a Comment