Saturday, 28 January 2012

Greetings from London

So we arrived in London with out a problem. I'm surprised to say that I haven't had jet lag. However we've both pretty tired as we've packed so much into each day.

I landed in London about 12.30 on Thursday however the immigration line was ridiculously long so it took nearly 2 hours to through there. Customs on the other hand was a breeze (if you don't declare anything then you don't have to stop). Thanks to Naomi's awesome train navigation skills we arrived at our accommodation without a problem and set out to explore our surroundings. Things are all that different here from back home except for the red buses, telephone boxes and mail box. And did I mention that everything is pretty much on top of each other so we've mostly just walked everywhere.

Friday was the beginning of our adventures. As our London passes last three days we were determined to cram as much as we could into the three days so we could see everything we planned to. Due to our efficiency we pretty much saw every one of London's big icons in one day - st Paul's cathedral (probably my favorite stop of the day), the globe, London tower, London bridge, a river cruise, big Ben (which wasn't as big as I expected him to be), Westminster abbey and bucking ham palace (from the house of parliament to bucking ham palace without a map was pretty impressive). Needless to say we were both in bed by 8pm that night.

Saturday was a changing of the guards at 11.30. So to fill in our morning we went for stroll in Kensington & Hyde parks on the way back to buckingham palace. On the way stopping at Kensington palace (residence to queen victoria before she became queen) and the Peter pan statue. I didn't find changing of the guards all that interesting as we couldnt see too much but I can now say I have been present for one :). After buckingham palace we decided it was time for a visit to Harrods(a famous department store for those of you who don't know). We ended up getting lost on the way (only took us 1 1/2 hours to find our way). The warmth inside was definitely welcome but not really my idea of a great place to shop. Next was a short walk down the road to the Victoria and Albert museum. It has a lot of interesting things inside (and I mean a lot) next was a train trip to Baker street (home of Sherlock holmes) and then onto the zoo. Unfortunately by the time we found our way to the zoo it was already. So that's a job for tomorrow morninging.


Then it's onto Paris :)

No comments:

Post a Comment