Sunday, 29 January 2012

Onwards to Paris

Moving on to new and bigger challenges we have arrived in Paris. I think it's colder here than in London

Challenge # 1 - find our accommodation. Eventually we accepted our hand written google directions weren't the best when we couldn't find the street we needed. And the map we got in the Back of our Paris pass didn't help much due to not being able to read the street names on a mini map. Accepting defeat we went back to find a map and I can say thanks to Naomi's ability to read a map we arrived at our accommodation before we froze our toes.

For 2 star accommodation this it isn't too bad. The room is bigger than the one in London, our heater works here and we have a bath tub :). We also have access to Internet. 

I need to share a funny point. We both we having a good laugh at the lifts in London as they we 4 person lifts that were literally big enough to fit 4 people in with no room for bags. We'll we were directed to the lifts in our hotel in paris (this one apparently carries 3 people) we walked straight past it as the entrance is as big as a broom cupboard. It was obvious that both of us with our bags were not going to fit so I made the decision that Naomi could go first. She barely fitted inside with her bag and the door didn't quiet close but the lift still went up so all I was left to do was wait for it to come back down. Bout a minute later the lift was back and so was naomi. Not exactly what I was expecting. Arriving on our floor and up able to turn around to reach the door to open it naomi realized that reversing in was the only way she was going to be able to get out ( too late when you're already at the top). Lucky I was there to save the day when it came back down to level 1 :) otherwise she may still be in the lift now.


Challenge # 2 - the language. Thankfully we haven't had to use much French yet. The menus at the place we stopped for dinner were in english and I didn't need to rely on French. But I'm sure we're in for lesson on French culture in the next couple of days.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, sounds like you two are having a great time!!! Love hearing about your adventures, your experiences with the lift made me laugh, I wish I was there to see it!! Makes me smile hearing how Naomi is the one navigating!!! :) Thinking and praying for you both, Love Aleisha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are having a fun and safe trip. Hope you enjoy my ideal holiday :D. Safe journeys!

    ReplyDelete